How we deliver store by store insights
How location-based analytics drove online sales growth for Edgewell.
Edgewell Personal Care drives online sales in France
with bespoke store by store analytics solution
Edgewell Personal Care required a bespoke insights tool to upscale their click and collect understanding in the French Market, build a focused action plan and monitor the execution. e.fundamentals provided a tailored dashboard that delivers real time data on a regional store-by-store level. This granular view enabled Edgewell to gain deeper understanding of the click and collect dynamic and to significantly improve effectiveness of field actions, resulting in a positive impact on their sales performance.
Our vision is to accelerate ecommerce sales and to embed our Omnichannel approach across the business. We have a clear plan to drive this acceleration in Europe, and it’s important for us to be aware of what’s happening across all the markets using data insights and acquire new capabilities to share with our wider teams. e.fundamentals provides bespoke data solutions and training we need to support the delivery of our Omnichannel agenda
Elena Meyer, ecommerce Category Manager, Edgewell Personal Care
- Scoping configuration requirements for a whole new insights tool that sits alongside the e.fundamental’s service, allowing Edgewell to respond to the challenges of France’ advanced click and collect model where individual stores can make local decisions on assortment and promotions and an action at local level can influence these.
- Enabled Edgewell to see competitor activity in real time within their key retailers Leclerc, System U and Intermarché meaning they can take the actions needed to drive sales strategically in this format.
- Provided Edgewell with a complete view of their range availability, product distribution and promotion execution and pricing at a store-by-store level within Leclerc, being able to see data from a number of stores.
- Empowering Edgewell’s regional managers for Leclerc to track daily pricing, SKU availability and promotional activity and understand averages over time; also equips teams with the capability to analyze how far customer business plans are fulfilled within retailers, to identify at local level areas of opportunities, and get strategic insights to inform the discussion with the customer at national level.
- Delivering innovation through a whole-country heatmap view of Edgewell’s category pricing and distribution, showing at a glance how closely individual regions are aligned to their ecommerce strategy, giving Edgewell a unique competitive advantage to deploy their local salesforce where their actions are most effective. It also enables their head office to monitor and improve team performance more effectively.
Edgewell wanted to respond to challenges within the French ecommerce market by having a detailed view of their online sales performance by geography and by store. For this, e.fundamentals built a tailored insights dashboard that now helps Edgewell take profitable actions. The tool delivers in three areas: it provides weekly product availability and pricing data for each category at a local store-by-store level; it allows regional managers to monitor and improve the performance of their field sales team and gather competitive intelligence informing Edgewell’s ecommerce strategy; it facilitates performance reporting and quick insights gathering feeding into the omnichannel planning process.