Top Food Brand captures Share of Voice at Sam’s Club
Fortune 500 Food brand with over $10 Billion in annual revenue
The brand had been utilizing a retail media software platform from a competing provider, but their ad spend was yielding poor results. This was primarily due to a focus on ineffective branded campaigns that negatively impacted their organic Share of Voice. The previous retail media presence lacked a strategic approach, and the brand faced challenges in understanding how their ad spend was allocated. They lacked visibility into the true drivers of performance, preventing them from making informed decisions to improve their retail media strategy over time. The absence of insights and input from the team further hindered their ability to optimize their approach effectively.
CommerceIQ’s integrated retail ecommerce platform
Key Feature – Incremental ROAS (iROAS): By estimating organic performance, the brand can use CommerceIQ to find keywords with the largest opportunities for incremental ad spend that won’t cannibalize organic sales. Example tactics:
- Shifting budget mix from low iROAS brands to high iROAS brands within the same category
- Boosting bids and budgets for keywords with higher iROAS
- Maintaining SOV on priority keywords
Brand invests in crucial keywords to gain Share of Voice, Sales
In 3 months..
- Ad sales increased 2.8x faster than the increase in ad spend in dollars over a 3-month period.
- Sponsored Share of Voice experienced an impressive 800% increase compared to the base in the previous 3 months. This growth was driven by an enhanced presence in the most relevant keywords.
- Total Share of Voice for the entire brand across its categories saw a substantial 180% increase compared to the prior 3 months.