Top Food Brand drives ad efficiency at Amazon, Walmart
Fortune 500 Food brand with over $10 Billion in annual revenue
The brand had previously adopted a retail media software platform from a competing provider. However, they encountered issues where their budgets would run out in the morning, leaving their campaigns inactive during peak demand periods. Moreover, the brand faced limitations in their dayparting capabilities with their old partner. Additionally, the brand team lacked visibility into how their automated campaigns were executed and struggled to identify the true drivers of campaign performance. Consequently, they were unable to refine their strategy for daily budgets over time with valuable input from the team. These challenges hindered their ability to optimize their campaigns effectively and make data-driven improvements to their retail media strategy.
CommerceIQ’s integrated retail ecommerce platform
Key Feature – Hourly Bidder: Brand was able to scrape data for every hour daily to ensure that daily budgets were optimized to last longer and match key periods of high demand even if those periods were only a couple hours long. Example tactics:
- Adjusting bids based on hourly sales patterns taken straight from Amazon Marketing Cloud data
- Using an integrated insights dashboard to evaluate the business and direct strategic change with clarity
Brand reduced wasteful spend by matching budgets with shoppers
After 1 month of hourly bidder…
- 12% reduction in CPCs (Cost Per Click) achieved by the brand by strategically capturing key periods after competing brands exhausted their budgets.
- +7% increase in clicks generated by the brand’s alignment with high-demand periods, resulting in increased traffic.
- +34% growth in impressions despite a reduction in wasteful ad spend. This indicates an improved targeting strategy, allowing the brand to reach a larger audience with more relevant impressions.